The platforms you choose for employee performance and engagement impacts everything from profitability to productivity to employee turnover (1), so it’s important to explore your options during the buying process - for example, if you’re interested in Leapsome, you should also consider Leapsome competitors like Lattice and Frankli.
Software experts recommend creating a longlist of around 10 to 15 platforms before choosing between 3 and 5 to demo (2). It’s not a short process by any means, but finding the benefits of choosing the platform for your teams make it worthwhile. We talk about this in more detail below.
In this article, we’re comparing two of the most popular employee performance management platforms, Leapsome and Frankli, across pricing, functionality, customer support, customer reviews and more. We’ll help you start your search on the top Leapsome competitors and explore whether Frankli is the best Leapsome alternative for your teams.
But first, let’s talk about the importance of choosing the right performance platform.
Providing your people with easy-to-use performance software has obvious benefits in terms of efficiency and profitability (1). But the impact of a performance platform on the company’s success depends on how your people use it, and also how many of them use it.
The stakes aren’t all that high when a tool will be used by 3 or 4 employees in a single department to automate simple administrative tasks. But when everyone in the company uses the software to manage conversations and track goal progress, that’s another story.
Simply put, the more time employees will spend using the tools, and the higher the impact of their actions, the more time you should spend in finding the right platform.
We know that different platforms yield different results in terms of efficiency etc. But something that’s often overlooked is digital employee experience or DEX.
Digital Employee Experience (DEX) refers to an employee’s experience with the software tools they use to perform work-related tasks.
Companies with great DEX perform better across several metrics - let’s take a look at some key statistics:
- 50% of employees would leave their current job for a role that offers better digital tools (3).
- Companies with mature DEX programs are 33% more likely to report higher employee satisfaction and 62% more likely to report higher employee retention rates (4).
- U.S. companies report an average of $8.3 billion in lost productivity per year due to inefficient or difficult-to-use software tools (5).
Forcing your people to use a platform they dislike is clearly not an option. Not only is it a waste of company resources, it’s also a waste of company time, as managers and HR teams try to coax employees to embrace the software.
When employees find it easy to use a platform and see the personal value in using its tools, you’ll see a positive impact on company success. With software for managing employee performance, engagement and development, this is never more important.
It’s clear why Frankli is among the most popular Leapsome competitors.
Their features may look similar, but the functionality and scope varies widely. And there are additional features to consider, too.
Here are just a few tools that are unique to Frankli;
- Coaching and Mentoring. Frankli’s Connect space enables HR leaders to set up internal coaching and mentoring programs in minutes. Employees request to connect with colleagues for coaching and mentoring sessions that help them grow skills, explore interests and gain competencies.
- Careers. Frankli’s Careers tools allow leaders to create an online internal talent marketplace that reduces hiring costs and minimises bias, making expectations crystal clear with a framework of competencies for each role. There’s also a tool for individual, employee-led career paths with clear milestones.
- Tasks. Integrating with the Goals and 1:1 Meeting tools, the Tasks space in Frankli allows employees to manage smaller initiatives, linking them to wider goals. Automated reminders ensure that tasks, including those set during busy 1:1 meeting conversations, aren’t forgotten.
Frankli Vs Leapsome Feature Comparison Chart
Unlike Leapsome, Frankli offers completely transparent pricing.
Frankli offers 3 plans;
- Grow. This plan includes all features except goals, tasks and integrations. It’s priced at €7 or US$7.50* per person per month.
- Scale. This plan includes all of Frankli’s features, plus dedicated customer support, and is priced at €11 or US$11.79* per person per month.
- Enterprise. Larger organisations can receive a custom quote via the Enterprise plan, which also includes a dedicated onboarding specialist.
With Leapsome, prices must be negotiated directly with the sales team. It’s worth noting, however, that with Frankli, prices start at €7 or US$7.50* per person per month, and with Leapsome, prices start at €8 or US$8 per person per month.
Frankli Vs Leapsome Price Comparison Chart
Frankli Vs Leapsome Customer Service Comparison
The best way to learn about customer support is from real customers, so independent software review sites like G2 can be really helpful.
Frankli is rated no.1 on G2 for quality of support, with a 9.5 rating (6).
When comparing customer support, it’s also important to consider the specific support channels on offer.
Frankli makes this very clear on their pricing page;
- Grow plan. Help centre, resource hub and 24/7 chat support.
- Scale plan. Help centre, resource hub, 24/7 chat support and support from a dedicated customer success specialist.
- Enterprise plan. Help centre, resource hub, 24/7 chat support, support from a dedicated customer success specialist and support from a dedicated customer onboarding specialist.
Leapsome’s customer support channels operate quite differently, varying by annual contract value.
- All customers. Help centre, resource hub and email support.
- Customers with an annual contract of €6,000/ $6,000 or more. Help centre, resource hub, email support and support from a dedicated customer success specialist.
All things considered, there are two key factors when comparing Frankli and Leapsome’s customer support.
- Frankli offers 24/7 chat support for all customers, while Leapsome offers email support only. In-app chat support is not only more efficient, but promotes high adoption by allowing employees to have their questions answered while remaining in the platform.
- With Leapsome, dedicated customer success specialists are reserved for larger organisations. But Frankli makes this level of support available for all organisations by linking support channels to plans rather than annual contract value.
Frankli Vs Leapsome Customer Service Comparison Chart
As we mentioned above, independent software review sites like G2 are really helpful for comparing performance management platforms.
Let’s see how Leapsome reviews by real customers compare to Frankli’s.
Frankli Vs Leapsome Customer Review Comparison Chart
Frankli and Leapsome both offer integrations with popular tools like Gmail, Outlook, MS Teams and Slack, as well as supporting Single Sign On.
When it comes to HRIS platforms, Frankli surpasses Leapsome by offering a wider selection of integrations.
Frankli Vs Leapsome Integrations Comparison Chart
Some leaders like to consider factors like company location or tenure during the buying process, so we’ve included some of this information here.
Frankli Vs Leapsome Company Comparison Chart
It’s easy to see why Frankli is one of the most popular Leapsome alternatives. But what exactly makes Frankli different from Lattice, Culture Amp and other Leapsome competitors? Let’s take a closer look.
High Adoption Rates
Frankli was developed with employee experience at the core of its design. Employees are guided through each workflow, provided with templates to speed up practices like goal-setting, and sent automatic reminders about important meetings and deadlines. And Frankli’s customer success team are always available to provide support if it’s needed.
As a result, employee adoption rates for Frankli are incredibly high - 99% of users added to the platform are active within the first 30 days. And when employees start using the platform, they tend to keep using it - Frankli’s Monthly Active User rate is 3x the industry average (10).
One-size-fits-all doesn’t work when it comes to performance management. But Frankli has been designed to adapt to the specific customer’s needs, goals and culture.
Based on 1000s of conversations with users, Frankli has added the option to personalise key processes like reviews and customise workflows. Functions can also be activated and deactivated to allow teams to launch them at their own pace. So every organisation’s platform is totally unique to their teams.
Unparalleled Customer Service
Fankli’s customer service goes beyond other products in the market, as evidenced by their no.1 rating on G2 for quality of support.
Through their customer success teams, they’ve built watertight relationships with their customers, supporting this via a continuous feedback loop.
Extensive Integration Capabilities
When it comes to HRIS platforms, Frankli surpasses other platforms by offering a larger selection of integrations.
This means that, whatever platform you use, you can save time by sharing employee data between Frankli and your HRIS tool.
Switching to Frankli from another performance management platform is simple.
- Wonderful onboarding experiences. We’ve supported lots of other teams who’ve made the switch from platforms like Lattice, Culture Amp and Leapsome, so we’re well prepared to help you transition seamlessly. Our customer success specialists will be happy to provide you with the training, resources and support you need to get going.
- Easy data transfer. We expect you’ll want to retain employee data, so we’ve made transferring this information to Frankli super easy.
- Flexible timelines. Whether you want to launch all of Frankli’s tools at once, or move at your own pace, Frankli’s team will support you every step of the way.
1. Deloitte, Top Findings from High-Impact Performance Management Research. 2. LearnUpon, Choosing Software for Your Business: A Buyer's Guide. 3. HR Tech Series, Half Of Employees Would Leave Their Jobs Due To Bad Digital Tools. 4. 1E, The Digital Employee Experience (DEX) Report. 5. Destination CRM, $8.3 billion in lost productivity every year. 6. Frankli on G2. 7. Leapsome on G2. 8. Leapsome’s Customer Experience page. 9. Leapsome integrations page. 10. Mixpanel Product Benchmark Report.
Information correct at the time of writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for corrections