The platforms you choose for managing performance and engagement can have a huge impact on everything from profitability to productivity to employee satisfaction (1), so it’s important to explore your options during the buying process - for example, if you’re interested in Culture Amp, you should also consider top Culture Amp alternatives like Frankli.
Software experts advise researching 10 to 15 platforms before choosing 3 to 5 to contact for a demo (2). This process can be time-consuming, but finding the right platform for your teams can really help you move the needle in terms of reaching company goals. We’ll talk about this in more detail below.
In this article, we’re comparing two of the most popular performance management platforms, Culture Amp and Frankli, across pricing, functionality, customer support and more. We’ll help you research the top Culture Amp competitors and explore where Frankli ranks on the list of Culture Amp alternatives.
But first, let’s talk about the importance of choosing the right platform.
Providing your people with employee-centric digital tools has obvious benefits in terms of efficiency, productivity and profitability (1). But the impact of a software platform on the company’s success depends on how your people use it, and also how many of them use it.
For example, the stakes aren’t particularly high when a tool will be used by a handful of employees to automate basic administrative tasks. But when everyone in the company uses the platform to track progress and measure success, that’s another story entirely.
Simply put, the more time employees spend in the platform, and the higher the impact of their inputs, the more time you should spend finding the right one.
We know that different platforms yield different results in terms of efficiency, functionality, etc. But something that’s often overlooked is digital employee experience (DEX).
Digital Employee Experience (DEX) refers to an employee’s experience with the software they use to perform work-related tasks.
Companies with great DEX are linked to high performance in several pieces of research - let’s take a look at some key statistics:
- 50% of employees would leave their current job for a role that offers better digital tools (3).
- Companies with mature DEX programs are 33% more likely to report higher employee satisfaction and 62% more likely to see higher employee retention rates (4).
- U.S. companies report $8.3 billion in lost productivity per year due to inefficient or difficult-to-use software tools (5).
The message here is clear - forcing your people to use a platform they don’t like is a waste of company time and money.
Only when employees enjoy and see the personal value in using a platform do we begin to see a positive impact on company success. This is never more important than with software for managing employee performance, engagement and development, which is intrinsically linked to employee experience.
It’s clear why Frankli is among the most popular Culture Amp competitors.
On paper, their features look similar, but the functionality and scope of these tools varies widely. And there are additional features to consider, too.
Here are just a couple of tools that are unique to Frankli;
- Coaching and Mentoring. Frankli’s Connect tools allow leaders to set up internal coaching and mentoring programs in a couple of minutes. Employees can request to connect with colleagues for coaching and mentoring sessions that will help them acquire new skills or competencies and explore professional interests.
- Careers. Frankli’s Careers space allows leaders to create an internal talent marketplace that reduces hiring costs and minimises bias, while making expectations crystal clear.
- Tasks. Integrating with the Goals and 1:1 Meeting tools, the Tasks space in Frankli allows employees to manage smaller initiatives, linking them to wider goals in order to demonstrate their value. Automated reminders ensure that tasks, particularly those set during busy 1:1 meeting conversations, aren’t forgotten.
Frankli Vs Culture Amp Feature Comparison Chart
Unlike Culture Amp, Frankli offers completely transparent pricing.
Frankli offers 3 plans;
- Grow. This plan includes all features except goals, tasks and integrations. It’s priced at €7 or $7.50* per person per month.
- Scale. This plan includes all of Frankli’s features, plus dedicated customer support, and is priced at €11 or $11.79* per person per month.
- Enterprise. Larger organisations receive a custom quote via the Enterprise plan, which also offers the customer a dedicated onboarding specialist.
With Culture Amp, prices must be negotiated directly with their sales team. However, the latest data from the independent review site G2 tells us that access to the full platform starts from €14.93* or $16/person/month (6). Note: This is the starting price, which will vary based on unknown factors like billing method or length of contract.
But even if your teams are able to secure the starting price, access to the full suite of performance management, engagement and development tools is still 35% higher with Culture Amp. Culture Amp charges at least €14.93* or $16/person/month Vs Frankli’s €11 or $11.79*/person/month (6).
Frankli Vs Culture Amp Price Comparison Chart
The best way to learn about customer support is from real customers, and independent software review sites like G2 and Capterra can be really helpful here.
Frankli is rated no.1 on G2 for quality of support, with a 9.5 rating (7), while Culture Amp is rated 9.1 (6).
When comparing customer support, it’s important to also consider the specific customer support channels on offer.
Frankli makes this very clear on their pricing page;
- Grow plan. Help centre, resource hub and 24/7 chat support.
- Scale plan. Help centre, resource hub, 24/7 chat support and dedicated support from an assigned customer success specialist.
- Enterprise plan. Help centre, resource hub, 24/7 chat support, dedicated support from an assigned customer success specialist and dedicated support from a customer onboarding specialist.
Culture Amp’s customer support channels are a little less transparent. They offer a help centre, resource hub and chat support during selected business hours, but it’s unclear from their website whether dedicated customer support specialists or customer onboarding specialists are available for all or any plans.
Frankli Vs Culture Amp Customer Service Comparison Chart
As we already mentioned, independent software review sites like G2 and Capterra are really helpful for comparing Frankli and Culture Amp reviews.
Let’s see how real Frankli customers review Frankli and compare this to the Culture Amp reviews.
Frankli Vs Culture Amp Customer Review Comparison Chart
Frankli and Culture Amp both offer integrations with communication tools like Gmail, Outlook, MS Teams and Slack, as well as supporting Single Sign On.
When it comes to HRIS platforms, Frankli surpasses Culture Amp by offering a wider selection of integrations.
Frankli Vs Culture Amp Integrations Comparison Chart
Some leaders consider factors like company location, values or tenure during the buying process, so we’ve included some relevant company information here.
Frankli Vs Culture Amp Company Comparison Chart
When you view all of this data together, it’s easy to see why Frankli is one of the most popular Culture Amp alternatives.
But what exactly makes Frankli different from Culture Amp and other Culture Amp competitors? Let’s take a closer look at what makes Frankli a great option for companies of all sizes.
High Adoption Rates
Frankli was developed with employee experience at the core of its design. Employees are guided through straightforward workflows, provided with templates to enhance practices like goal-setting, and sent automated reminders about important meetings and deadlines. And Frankli’s customer success team are available 24/7 to provide support.
As a result, employee adoption rates for Frankli are consistently high - 99% of users added to the platform are active within the first 30 days. And when employees start using the platform, they tend to continue - Frankli’s Monthly Active User rate is 3x the industry average (11).
When it comes to performance management, one-size-fits all approach isn’t effective. That’s why Frankli has been designed to adapt to the specific needs, goals and culture of each organisation.
Based on 1000s of conversations with customers, Frankli has added the option to personalise processes like reviews and customise workflows. Functions can also be enabled and disabled to allow teams to launch initiatives at their own pace. So each company’s platform is totally unique to their teams.
Unparalleled Customer Service
Frankli’s customer service goes beyond other products in the market, as evidenced by our no.1 rating on G2 for quality of support.
Through their customer success teams, they’ve built strong relationships with their customers, who they support via a continuous feedback loop.
Extensive Integration Capabilities
When it comes to HRIS platforms, Frankli exceeds other platforms by offering a wider selection of integrations.
This means that, whatever platform you use, you can save time by sharing employee data between Frankli and your HRIS tool.
Switching to Frankli from another performance management platform is easy.
- Wonderful onboarding experiences. We’ve supported lots of other teams who’ve made the switch from platforms like Lattice and Culture Amp to Frankli, so we can help you transition seamlessly. Our customer success specialists will provide you with the training, resources and support your teams need to get started.
- Easy data transfer. We understand that you’ll want to retain key employee data, so we’ve made transferring this information to Frankli super easy.
- Flexible timelines. Whether you want to launch all of Frankli’s tools at once, or move at a different pace, Frankli’s team will support you every step of the way.
1. Deloitte, Top Findings from High-Impact Performance Management Research. 2. LearnUpon, Choosing Software for Your Business: A Buyer's Guide. 3. HR Tech Series, Half Of Employees Would Leave Their Jobs Due To Bad Digital Tools. 4. 1E, The Digital Employee Experience (DEX) Report. 5. Destination CRM, $8.3 billion in lost productivity every year. 6. Culture Amp on G2. 7. Frankli on G2. 8. Culture Amp on Capterra. 9. Frankli on Capterra. 10. Culture Amp integrations. 11. Mixpanel Product Benchmark Report.
Information correct at the time of writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for corrections