So much has been written about the benefits of a healthy work-life balance and its power to improve productivity, engagement and retention. But unfortunately, it doesn't come about by accident. There are two conversations employees need to have in order to build and maintain a healthy work-life balance - one with themselves and a second with their manager. With this in mind, we're sharing 4 one-on-one meeting questions that managers can use to fuel these conversations with their people, and bring about meaningful change across their teams.
The one-on-one meeting questions in our talking point template were developed in tandem with our performance and engagement platform, Frankli, based on the latest research in organisational psychology. They're designed to help you have the most productive conversations possible with your people, but, of course, you're free to change up these questions to suit your plans for your meeting. You'll also find this template, and 9 others, on our Essential One-on-One Talking Point Templates downloadable.
Frankli User? Simply select the Work-Life Balance template when creating a new 1:1 Meeting with your people to automatically add these talking points to the shared agenda, and give your people the opportunity to respond or contribute notes ahead of time.
One-on-One Meeting Questions: Work-Life Balance
- What is an ideal, productive day at work for you? Walk me through the day.
- What makes you excited and motivated to work on a particular project?
- What part of your work routine do you find is working best? What area do you want to improve?
- What's one thing we could change about work for you that would improve your personal life?
Automate your One-on-One Meetings
Research from Gartner tells us that 65% of tasks currently performed by managers have the potential to be automated by 2025 (1), and it starts with the scheduling and structuring of one-on-one meetings with your employees.
Think about how much time it takes to;
- Set up one-to-one meetings with all your people
- Schedule recurring one-on-one meetings
- Come up with relevant talking points
- Set and share meeting agendas
- Share relevant documents to discuss
- Prepare relevant data on employee performance and feedback
- Record notes from the meeting
- Make lists of points to action after the meeting
- Assign action points and set reminders to follow up on them
All of this takes time, time that could be spent on strategic thinking and other pressing work. That's why millions of high-performing teams (2) are turning to digital tools like Frankli to automate one-on-one meetings.
With Frankli, you can take care of everything on this list in just a couple of clicks. You can automate meeting admin in minutes, and, more importantly, ensure the right conversations are happening with the right people at the right time. Speak to a member of our team to find out more.
1. Gartner, 11 Trends That Will Shape Work in 2022 and Beyond. 2. Zion Market Research, Global Performance Management Software Market Will Reach USD 5,633 Million By 2026.