Who we are
We’re Frankli and we’re on a mission to fix work. Our performance and engagement platform helps teams reach their full potential by putting people at the heart of what they do. Frankli is designed to maximise engagement and accelerate growth by engaging people in strategic goal-setting, hyper-efficient 1:1 meetings, intuitive communication channels, efficient surveys and polls, and career development and socialising opportunities. Frankli has already been embraced by 100s of teams all over the world, so we’re growing fast to meet customer demand.
We're a hard-working, outgoing, get-things-done kind of team. At Frankli, we roll up our sleeves, we act fast on customer feedback and we learn together. We're looking for energetic, skilled people who will do the same.
At Frankli, we believe that diversity creates the best environment for innovation. Frankli is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, family status, religion or differing physical abilities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and transparent environment where every voice is heard, every contribution is valued, and every experience is respected.
What we need
We are looking to add a full-stack development lead to join our growing team and play a major part in the technical direction of our exciting product. You will lead a development team in the design and implementation of new features for our expanding client portfolio. If you’re looking to join a scaling startup and you’re willing to work hard to solve some complex problems for a very large market, then we are looking for you.
What you will do
- Collaborate with the founding team of designers, developers, product & domain expertise, and work towards transforming ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future customers
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products globally
- Bringing up-to-date expertise in web technologies to the team and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of our products.
- Design core component architecture and conduct design and code reviews
- Grow our engineering capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a fantastic team.
- Contribute to our culture of shipping quality, well-designed product and being nimble to ever-changing priorities and customer feedback
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product where you can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Experience in at least one modern programming language, Java preferred.
- Great Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, Refactoring, Clean Code, Encapsulation etc and enterprise integration
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Previous experience in Spring framework (Boot, MVC, Security, DataJPA, Events)
- Working knowledge and experience in JPA and Hibernate
- Strong SQL skills preferably with MySql
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines preferrably with Bitbucket
- Experience with cloud development & deployments
- Demonstrated experience in testing frameworks; JUnit, Cucumber… (and testing practices: TDD, BDD)
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers.
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of others
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience in building and supporting high volume Progressive Web Applications
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
- Strong understanding and experience with Infrastructure performance and optimization techniques
- Experience building cloud applications using AWS services
- Startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly for both you and your team.
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
Frankli is all about putting people first, so, of course, we practice what we preach. We’ve created a flexible, autonomous environment for our teams, one in which work-life balance is respected. We want our people to feel empowered to do their very best work, and this informs our decisions, big and small.
- Work directly with the Founding Team
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing, early-stage startup
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a commercial case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Flexible and relaxed holiday policy so you can take time off when you need to
- Remote-first company
- A healthier pace of life - commute optional 😉
- The equipment you need to get your job done
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
Oh, and we almost forgot to mention, we’re currently participating in a global 4-day working week initiative, so you’ll have plenty of time to focus on all the things you love outside of Frankli. 😁